Suzanne Koenig is president and founder of SAK Management Services LLC, a nationally recognized long-term care management and consulting services company. As owner and operator of SAK Management Services for over 20 years, Ms. Koenig provides a highly specialized combination of skills in the areas of operations improvement, staff development and quality assurance. Her meticulous precision in marketing and census development within the Senior Housing and long-term care industry offers operation enhancements few others can match.
As a direct owner and operator, Ms. Koenig offers the practical perspective of the challenges and opportunities confronting long-term care providers in managing the industry's changing dynamics. She is a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator and a Licensed Social Worker in multiple states, and her professional experience includes:
- Executive positions in marketing, development and operations management for both regional and national health care providers representing property portfolios throughout the country
- Recent appointments as the Patient Care Ombudsman in several of the new Health Care Bankruptcy Filings (Chapter 11 and Chapter 7) with the advent of the (BAPCPA) Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 including Health Care Entities such as: Physician Practices and Hospitals - She is the most frequent court-appointed Patient Care Ombudsman to medical facilities, advocating for patient care, in the country.
- Board Member on several organizations that provide Education and Expertise to the Healthcare Industry
- Management roles with over 500 facilities, providing the in-house management to restore care and fiscal soundness, while establishing administrative teams that lead each facility to recovery
- Service in an advisory and consulting capacity for numerous client engagements involving bankruptcy proceedings as well as in turnaround management situations
- Proven proficiency in maximizing financial return and cash flow, while maintaining the highest standards of patient care
Other notable career achievements include the following:
- She serves as an Officer and Director for several long-term care provider associations; Ms. Koenig is Co-Chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute’s (ABI) Health Care Insolvency Committee and Co- Chair for the Steering Committee of the Midwest Turnaround Management Association (TMA) Chapter
- She served on the Negotiating Team Task Force in Arizona, designing and negotiating the contract between the State and Counties for delivery of Indigent Health Services
- The only non-Lawyer and non-Attorney General invited by the National Association of Attorney Generals to participate on a Panel, titled “Patient Care Ombudsman” addressing the Patient Care Ombudsman’s interaction with the States in their role as Patient Care Regulator
- Testified before the House of Representatives as the Industry Expert in Funding the Long Term Care Industry.
Ms. Koenig holds a Master of Science Degree from Spertus College, Illinois, and a Bachelor of Social Work Degree from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. She is a frequent speaker for various healthcare industry associations and business affiliates where she conducts continuing education and training programs.
Suzanne Koenig and SAK Management Services have earned the reputation as Industry Specialists in all phases of long term care operations, and have spent a large portion of their careers in turn-around situations, rescuing troubled facilities. To put First-Class Turnaround Services in place at your healthcare facility contact SAK Management Services today.